Monday, July 29, 2013

It takes a strong sense of trust...

From our first day of touring, I found myself heading towards my journal as the landscapes rolled by our bus window. It was mind numbing...jet lag loomed heavy on my head and heart...yet I found some really great words rolled out of my head onto the page
What was most overwhelming was to have to trust instincts greatly...in a land where you are so far our of your comfort zone, where yes there are many who speak English or broken English, but signage and customs and culture are all in Italian. Nothing is the same...and it was jarring. I first felt it walking off the airplane and trying to find our way through baggage and winding our way through the crowds and finding our way to our tour bus.

First lesson: You just have to trust that you will get where you need to be.

I was so thankful for my two years of Latin in high school and found myself thinking about Mr. Souther, my Latin teacher, SO MUCH! It flooded back to me in small doses and I  found myself dusting off the cobwebs and trying to recollect the lessons he taught. I thought about him throughout the entire trip.

I look out the bus window and was amazed at the view. Waking up to visions beyond my imagination, waking up to my own "Under the Tuscan Sun" and it is truly amazing and inspirational and inspiring beautiful. Patchworks of fields, crops, trees, and vineyards, with homes built on top of hills...

No comments: