Monday, October 12, 2015

The journey to here...

My dear sister from another mister will be calling me very shortly once this post hits the waves...and YES I still get annoyed by this man so much...Clay Aiken just plain annoys me to no end, but Kim just LOOOOOOOOOVES HER some AIKEN.
HOWEVER I will say this...I do like these lyrics sooooooooo much and it really follows my life so closely...

I just like what it says...

On my way here.
Where I am now.
I learned to fly
I have to want to leave the ground
I've fallen hard.
But I've been loved
But in the end it all works out.
My faith has conquered fear.
On my way here.

One of the things both Justin and I felt was important was to recognize the journey of many to get us to our wedding day this summer . And it has been a long and complicated journey to say the very least for both of us as well as for our families. We enclosed a letter of thanks with our wedding favors...
It stated:

"Today we are thankful for the journey, in whatever form it has arrived. Who would have known that 6 years ago, sitting across from one another at that Chili’s table, we would journey together to this site?
We are thankful for your journey here today to be with us. We know that some have traveled long distances to share this day with us and for that we are grateful. We love each and every one of you.
We are thankful to our parents and families for their long journeys getting us both to this day. It has not always been the smoothest of terrain but we are here stronger and filled to the brim with your love.
Our journey together as one begins today and for that we are so grateful and excited to see what adventures lay ahead. We are filled with your love, encouraged by your presence, and grateful for it all."

And we had so many friends join us who flew in from far and wide to be there for our day.
We had so many family members come from LONG distances to be there to share with us on this day beginning our newest adventure together.

And I can only look back on my own personal journey to that day... days between my folks and I were not at our very best. When we struggled to understand each other. When we cried and worried and wondered.
When we struggled to not let hopes and dreams get in the way of allowing me to figure my way through.
I know there were sleepless nights and frustrating calls to their friends thinking what the heck was their son doing? Blaming themselves for something that in the end was there all along.
Looking back, searching the cob-webbed closets and dark spots to see that he truly was this way from the very beginning and now what do we do? 
Not knowing what to do but hoping and praying that God would just lead the way in whatever path He had in mind...

And then to be able to get to this moment right here...



Just brings tears to my eyes and brings thankfulness and joy to my heart.
It is truly a moment I will NEVER ever forget.
And I am forever grateful.

My FAITH has conquered FEAR.
On my way HERE.

No comments: