Friday, October 13, 2017

For Mom.


When Mom was battling and fighting and trying to stay ahead of the game, I spent time searching Youtube and backlog of music to see if there was some songs that could become cheerleaders for her recovery. Sometimes this would get posted on her Facebook page to cheer her up, encourage her, help her through the day.

This would have been one of those songs.
I can find great solace in the lyrics of the song "Don't Worry About Me" by Frances.

Even if I fall down, where you are not around...
Don't Worry About me...
Don't worry about me.

I'll feel the fear for you.
To make you feel comfortable...

If I fall, you fall.
If I rise, We rise together.

Don't worry about me.

Even with Mom gone, this song feels important.
Yes
It brings tears to my eyes and makes my heart sad...but also brings a feeling of  being empowered.
I know that this will become more of an anthem for me...
Heck, for all of us.
As days droll on.
As we move forward alone and together.

I love that if I fall, you fall and if I rise, we will rise together.
It truly takes a village and a network of friends and family and acquaintances and just coming at each day with the thought of making it easier for others by trying to make it easier.
We all carry our own loads of weight.
And no one really knows the weight and burden the other carries.

All it takes a little kindness.
A smile.
Reaching out when you know the going is tough for someone.
Just saying Hey.
Just providing that hug when you need it most.
Saying I love you and meaning it.
Providing a release of laughter.

Just letting it all out and others just listening and being a sounding board.

Be there friends.
For yourself.
For others.

We will rise together






No comments: