Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Medora Memories #102


You ever heard the idea that usually your first professional theatre job will always be your most memorable...for some crazy reason...usually entailing some sort of humiliating costume or crazy role that requires you to don a full body suit shaped like an extra large cowboy hat donning EGG ecouraging the people of Bismarck, North Dakota to buckle their seat belts???
YES FOLKS...I PLAYED THIS ROLE TOO...
B.U.B.
(For Buckle Up Bismarck)
And THANK GOD there are no pictures out there!!!
However, I could not escape it even for my first professional gig. So when we found out that we were going to be a singing salad bar, I thought, "Okay". And then the costumes arrived and they included a satiny-silky lettuce headpiece AND a carrot puppet...and I thought, "Alright, I can do this. Save face. Save face...Make them laugh...".
I made it through the summer and calmly forgot about it...thinking...First Job has been achieved and I have made it through the crazy costume mode, have amazing first year memories, and can move on...
And then the picture appears in the brand new Visitor's Center celebrating the Medora Musical and its beginnings and Wah-lah...
There's the LETTUCE HEAD....
GAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
Maybe Avenue Q will call???

No comments: