Saturday, June 1, 2019

The other prayer...


A day of gratitude
and gentle reminders...
Thankful for reminders that I could use every once in awhile...
How many times do I beat myself up for trying to always reach perfection?

Achieving those preconceived notions of what I think others expect of me...

See the trouble with the above statement...
PRECONCEIVED and not realistic.
WHAT I THINK OTHER EXPECT OF ME...
Not realistic either.

Take a moment.
Breathe.
DEEP breaths.
Count to ten and remind yourself...
You are here.
For refocusing, for working towards a better you.
A better human being.
Once you are okay and comfortable  in your own skin is only when you can be there for those around you who need you.
Working towards a better, fuller you.

Perhaps there is something in the idea of finding the COURAGE to FORGIVE myself.
Courage to acknowledge the SHAME I feel at times...
In myself.
In my heart.
My body.
In my spirit.
Brought on by religious upbringing.
Brought on by family.
Brought on by friends.
Brought on by society.

How do you deal with heavy shame?
Navigation sometimes is extremely difficult.

I am continuing moments of great growth inside.
I am trying to navigate through this all...
With grace.
With softness.
But also honor.
And breath.

This prayer will be my mantra.



No comments: