Friday, June 18, 2010

And here I sit...

Ok so...
I am addicted to bad television. I am sure that most of the American public would agree with this statement.

I find myself watching The Real Housewives of New York, New Jersey, AND Betheny Getting Married? Not because it is thought provoking. Who in their right mind would think that women bitching, complaining, thinking they can have whatever they want or sing whatever they want, be successful or putting their claws into each other for viewers is thought provoking? It reminds me very much of the the Claire Luce play, The Women. And yet, here I sit captivated. Sadly so...cause I get frustrated with the fact that I feel like I am watching pure crap but love it. I was hooked from day one. JOHN WICHMAN!!!! ;) It is like sitting in the Colosseum in Rome watching the feminine gladiators hash it out amongst thousands of viewers with their weapons of lipstick and stilettos.

Then there is What Not To Wear and Say YES to the Dress...It is that dirty downtrodden Cinderella coming out from underneath her soot laden fingernails and becoming a Princess. Who doesn't ever wish that someone would whisk you away to a new wardrobe or find just the right dress or jacket or outfit that picks you up and dusts you off... And here I sit dreamily...

Or watching Color Confidential, Color Splash (with my boyfriend David Bromstad), and Divine Design on HGTV...PURE HEAVEN!!! I can watch old episodes and watch each transformation happening and get lost in the dreams of that one day when I have a house of my very own to transform and add my own personal flair to...a little pop of color does not hurt, people!! Just sayin!!

So...There is the summer of watching, dreaming, and captivated.

3 comments:

brian w said...

What about "Jersey Shore?" I feel like I should revoke my Pop Culture King (or Prince?) status since I don't watch it. I watched the first episode and only found it slightly entertaining. Thanks to Snooki and The Situation's abs.

Unknown said...

I too battle with this problem. In an effort to slay the "beast" of bad TV and my addiction, TV's and Cable were banished from our kingdom in 2003. However, the wily and devilish internet was back on the scene and now I am more careful....but I love still do "my programs" including Color Splash, Glee, Desperate Housewives, etc.

Anonymous said...

"Here I sit, all broken hearted... watchin' bad TV, and my boyfriend farted!"

Sounds like the lyrics to a country song... or as they say in Arkansas, "cunt-ry"...

Maybe if you play it backwards?