Sunday, December 18, 2011

The holiday season...

Sheesh it has been a long time since I have recorded a blog on here...

I apologize, but with directing Arsenic and Old Lace, the approach of the end of the semester, our huge speech tournament, entering grades, grading papers, performances, and semester tests, trying to get the musical off and running before leaving for holiday break...there just has not been that much time.

But CHRISTMAS BREAK IS HERE!!!

And do I feel ready for it!!! I am all curled up in my blanket in our office, looking at our retro Christmas tree and enjoying the peaceful feeling I have right at this very moment. To have solace and comfort and joy at this time of year is a blessing. I know that is not the case in much of the world. I am grateful for this moment.

I have to admit that my decorating adventure began back in the second week of November. I LOVE Christmas! I have really enjoyed the festive holiday spirit the trees and decorations in our home provide. The cards are already sent. It is so fun to hear from all of you and to hear how your year has progressed. We enjoy each and every card we get in the mail.

The idea of having a new house this year has also felt like such a huge accomplishment, a wonderful feeling and a blessing. Many grateful prayers have gone up for being able to afford a roof over our heads and to have the freedom to paint the walls the way we would like, do what we want, when we want, and have already thrown a few dinner parties and get togethers. It is really nice. The house smells so nice and warm and comfy and I feel like the season is going to bring recuperation from a hectic fall semester.

I need the relaxation, as do all of my cohort as well. This semester was not really a difficult one as the kids this year are a different breed. They are fairly focused, very respectful, and really fun to work with. I have really enjoyed my fall semester very much. Of course, I have that ONE class, but it seems that every teacher always has that ONE class. But I will persevere. We got a great deal accomplished. It just feels like everything was cram packed so tightly without any leeway or chance for misstep. The spring semester proves to be just as challenging.
So a break is much needed.

But you can be assured that there will be plenty of posts to get you updated. When the thoughts hit me...its my plan to get it out on here and see what you think...
Wishing you much cozy warmth where you are this week of Christmas.

No comments: