Monday, June 18, 2012

Reflection of the past year

I am not one of those endorsers who tries to sell anyone ANYTHING. Cannot not stand being SOLD to... But I have to share something with you...

One of the neatest things I have experienced here recently is a wonderful movie-making program I was given by a family member at Christmas. It is called "MAGIX Movie Edit Pro" and it is this great program where you can take the pictures from your life's adventures and put them to music. Creating this movie about your travels, your childhood, your climb, your journey etc. Kind of like the Windows Movie Maker, but I think it is much better and easier to navigate.

One of the bonuses that has come along with this new avenue of study has been the ability to go back into the ole photo albums and find the fondest pics...you know the ones...the ones where you are naked in the baby bathtub aka sink, or chasing the dog at your grandparents, you know the ones...the ones where you look so innocent and youthful, before the gray hairs come to play? The photos of family members long gone, but not forgotten. The ones where your parents look so young and it reminds you that your parents were indeed young and adventurous and did indeed once go to high school and went to prom and were indeed excited about that crazy car you would not be caught dead in today. LOL!!

Grab your scanner, get this program, find some music and get to creating movies of your own life...it is super easy.

I have had the opportunity to create these movies of my life and to be able to share them as gifts for my folks this year...a wonderful opportunity to say the least. I love reminiscing and looking back, reflecting through photos and being creative in the development of a movie of our lives...what a wonderous gift we were given.

My mom's centered around her retirement from her job with almost 38 years of service. Her party's theme was "Inspiration, Persperation, and Drive." and the video reflected that. I found lots of very powerful quotes from various sources and searched for empowering music like Celine Dion's "Taking Chances" to Lady Gaga's " Edge of Glory. Photos included photos from co-workers as well as step-dad and my own selections, including my most favorite photo of all of my mom...

It was a difficult time for both of us and she and I decided to drive out to Medora and hang out in the Badlands for a few days, catch the show, and do a little hiking. Mom is afraid of heights and the fact that she even got to the top of this butte is pretty neat, but then to get this moment of her looking out over the Badlands absolutely ROCKS!!!

My dad's videos centered around our lives together and was made with his birthday, as well as Father's Day, in mind. I  made one centered around last year's trip to Paris, Barcelona, and Madrid he, Pam, and I shared.

Dad and I share a love of music so even the selection of the music for his birthday video was pretty emotional for me...One of my absolute favorite photos I included was of he and Mom at an early age. Not sure if I was in the picture or not...but I am guessing yes... They look so happy and Dad is just as goofy as ever...we have shared many more goofy moments together since then...

Awesome memories and a wonderful emotional trip for memory lane...

Feel so blessed and creative and grateful for this opportunity to create memories...

No comments: