Friday, June 29, 2012

Today, I am grateful for...

Every once in awhile, one has to find a little time to touch base with the things in your life that have brought you great joy and to recognize the things you are grateful for...
Channelling my inner Oprah today folks!!! :)

I am grateful for:
~ A partner who loves me, who supports me, who recognizes that I have imperfections and oddities and low days, and still is here. I am grateful for almost 3 years, honey, and am looking forward to many more of life's adventures ahead!

~ A family who not only loves me but also embraces my partner and supports both of us. I know that, in America today, this is not always the case. Recently, in various conversations with various groups of friends, I have found that the support is not always there. Sadly there are people who turn their backs  on those who struggle to be honest with who they are. This is not the case with our families and for that I am so grateful.

~ A close circle of friends who love and support me, providing hours of laughter and giggles and joy. Friends who are there through thick and thin and support me even in the hard times. Friends who have just entered my life and have adventures yet to come. I have many many MANY wonderful memories and am so grateful to all of my friends  along the way.

~I am grateful for the guidance I believe is heavenly driven. I know that God is watching over me as I flow through the journey here on Earth. I feel his presence and know that where I am today is where He intended me to be and can see His hand on my life's journey every step of the way. I know there are times when I struggle and fight and moan and question...but have to remember that He truly give me what I need, what I can handle at the right and proper time. I am also grateful for a new church that also provides me inspiration,  a firm foundation, possibilities, and acceptance.

~I am grateful for my health. I am grateful for being here today where I am...warts and all...

~I am grateful for our home. There is nothing better than to be able to come home to the peace that this space provides, the joy that I find pulling into the drive each evening. I am grateful for the relaxation it provides. I am grateful for the frustration it provides. I am grateful for being able to work in the yard and getting dirt on my fingers. I am grateful for watering. I am grateful for painting. I am grateful for a new mailbox with our name on it!

~I am grateful for my neices and nephews. I am grateful for the joy that they provide in our lives. The sweet hugs and kisses for their guncles are the best. I saw Norah's first smile yesterday and it made my heart leap. To hold Cash and see him focus in SOOOOOOO hard on Justin's face...taking it all in...Priceless.  To hear Gage and Gracie begin to find words...Amazing. To see Anna write her own name...AWESOME!!! To see Blaine growing into a smart, athletic, creative, energetic, young man...daunting and exciting all together.

~I am grateful for my co-workers. I am blessed to be able to work with some of the most creative, most talented, most nurturing people I have ever had the pleasure to work with. To watch them work with the kids is awe-inspiring. Sometimes I have to step back and pinch myself and remind myself... This is what you have been preapring for all you life and to get the chance to work with these wonderful people...Truly blessed!

So as you can see there is alot I am grateful for! I am excited about all of life's adventures ahead. More pictures to come...

Stay tuned!



No comments: