Monday, July 23, 2012

Being able to cross a bucket list post off...

If you go back into the later posts of this blog, one would find a bucket list that I had posted years ago. One of those items listed on that bucket list was to play the role of Emcee in the musical Cabaret. Back in January, I auditioned for a local production of the musical and received the news that I indeed would be able to cross that role off my bucket list this summer. I got goosebumps and the entire experience has been an absolute dream come true.



I have had the wonderful chance to work with friends and co-workers, create new friends in the cast, sing with an amazing orchestra, wear beautiful costumes, be a part of the innaugural production at a brand new theatre, work with a director that I had been wanting to work with for quite some time, and create a role that I had dreamt of since seeing Raul Esparza portray it at Studio 54 years ago in NYC. I have to pinch myself every time I walk into the back of the theatre to see the set and feel the hustle and bustle of the tech team. I have loved all the press we have done locally, though quite early in the morning at times, I have loved the excitement of it all.  I am in awe that we are sold out and have been for almost a week. I am so excited that friends and co-workers are buzzing with excitement to see the show...I cannot believe the time is almost here.



I cannot believe that I am here, getting the chance to do this role, and more importantly be "back on the boards" after being away for so long. For many of you who read this blog, you know of the vocal scare I had years ago, that required surgery, and here I am six years later finally getting back onto the limelight. I am so grateful to God for getting me here and for taking me down this path. I feel vocally stronger and ready to take on the world.


Thankful to be here...right now...in this very moment...on the cusp of an opening night that I have dreamt of for many, many, many years.

3 comments:

AfavoriteEnglishteacher said...

I am so exited to be there opening night to enjoy your performance. You are a roll model and hero on so many levels and I admire your tenacity and loving spirit.

Robert Fellows said...

That I am happy for you is a huge understatement. I only wish I could find the time to come see you perform. It has been many years since I had the privilege.

RDRay said...

I have enjoyed everything I have seen you perform. This could be the real beginning of super things to come. Enjoy every moment of the experience.