Saturday, December 29, 2012

It's very rare...

that I remember my dreams...

I very rarely remember dreams. But when I do, they are vivid and visceral.

I am standing on a stage. I do not know what I am doing there. Cannot see myself. Cannot see what I am wearing. It is dark except for the spotlight that is on me. I can sense that the house is packed all the way up to the upper balcony...

Radio City Music Hall? Carnegie? Not specific.

I am singing and have been performing for quite some time...

For some reason, I am performing the song, "So In Love" from Cole Porter's Kiss Me Kate. I repeat the phrase, " So In Love" three times, each time getting higher, louder, and longer, and remember feeling absolutely exhilarated. The orchestra swells as I hold the last note.

The cutoff...

And thunderous applause...

So loud I wake up...

I really love and hate those dreams...

I know it is something I will only acheive in my dreams....

And I am ok with that...

No comments: