Monday, December 31, 2012

Resolutions 2013

Every year, Justin and I send out a Christmas letter. It is a chance to look back over the passed year and reflect on all of the adventures our lives have experienced, both the good and the bad. Sometimes it almost feels like torture to create... sometimes it is the easiest thing and editing becomes a must to keep it to the two page update.
 
This year's letter appears to have been all about life's blessings for we truly have been blessed this year. From adventures to ND, visiting friends in Omaha, a wonderful visit with Justin's parents this summer. Becoming Godfathers to a wonderful little boy whose name is Cash. Throwing a retirement party for my Mom. Adventures with school always abound both for Justin and myself. Christmas Carol for the fall play. A 4.0 GPA that continues. Mom's newest bout with cancer but a terrific diagnosis and treatment regimine.
 
We truly are blessed.
 
I found the following verses on a website I enjoy. I think that these will be my resolutions for next year.
 
 

A sweet, dear friend posted this on Facebook today and I absolutely love this...I think this shall be a resolution as well. It is from the book of Colossians and has really struck a chord with me...

So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.

I love this very much.
 
Happy 2013 sweet friends.
Wishing you a year ahead filled with light, peace, prosperity, and above all
LOVE

No comments: