Saturday, August 24, 2013

Exhaustion

So I have completed my first week of my fifth year of teaching...
And you know what?
I am EXHAUSTED!
However, it is a great kind. Our district has made some changes that are shaking...but I think, with time, it is going to be the good kind of changes.
The biggest change was going from 90 minute block period scheduling to 7 period days, with class times varying from 45 minutes to 65... I cannot tell you how crazy it felt to be in the middle of lecture this week and have the bells go off. But what I love about this is that I think we are going to have fewer issues with heads down in class and faster flowing days, and we also get to see our kids EVERY day rather than every other, which is nice...I did find myself getting to Wednesday feeling absolutely worn out and thinking how am I going to make it to Friday???

One other awesome occurrence...as much as I miss our graduated seniors this year...many have texted, some have stopped in to say hello or goodbye...and to say they have arrived at their college campuses and are already succeeding in getting settled, or receiving callbacks for auditions they went to, or just to say how much they miss us. BELIEVE me we miss you all as well!!!

Going to be a great year. My students seem like a cool bunch of kids and seem to be fairly respectful, creative, and open to trying new things. Forensics team is going to rock and roll this year...amazing talent, great beginning to the tournament season, and seem like a wonderful bunch of energetic rock stars. Drama kids are always the question mark, but it seems that there is a great crew of folks here as well!!! Excited to be back, excited to be in drama class, and excited to begin work.

What does year number 5 have in store?? Only time will tell, but all arms point to good things ahead and for that I am thankful for it.

No comments: