Thursday, December 12, 2019

This guy right here...


This guy right here...
The real trooper...
He had to take over the drive up because the roads just plain frightened me...
He has always been able to take over when the going got rough it seems...
It is an ongoing theme through our lives together...
I am grateful, thankful, and blessed to have an amazing father in my life. He brought and encouraged music to be in my life...even from a very young, early age. We would sing duets in church. We would play trumpet duets at family reunions.
We have always had that special blend that still gives me chills.

 It has not always been wine and roses...but whose relationships are? Am I right?
Jump back a few months...
Dad was always going to go with Justin and I to Bemidji. I just wanted Dad at this concert.
But then I was like...why am I not asking him to sing with me?
So I reached out...
And called him...
"Hey, Dad!! You wouldn't happen to have a tuxedo, would you?"
His response..."Umm I do"
"How would you like to sing with me on the Bemidji concert?"
"Oh my goodness, Brandon, that has always been a bucket list of mine...to sing with a symphony orchestra."

MERRY CHRISTMAS

So he got his chance and oh the memories that we created.
 Just chills and goosebumps...
I am so honored and grateful he said yes...

Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

Aunt Sally said...

Awesome sauce! I'll always remember the two of you singing at the Maxx.

vickithompson1972@att.net said...

That is so special!!!! A night you will remember and live on as long as you live!!! Bravo for both of you!!!