Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Crossing more off that bucket list...

I was given the opportunity of a lifetime last week.
About a year ago, I was asked by the conductor of the Bismarck/Mandan  and Bemidji Symphony, Dr. Beverly Everett to guest solo at the Bemidji Symphony's Christmas concert. I jumped at the opportunity and went to work searching for just the right numbers I would like to sing on the evening's music.
Well, December 3rd...it happened and it was the most...
Goosebumpy.
Glorious.
Nervewracking.
Amazing.
Moving.
Cool experiences of my life.

We drove over 1000 miles to get to northern Minnesota, braving the bad icy and snowy roads...mostly my Dad, who went with...because he could navigate so much more smoothly through these types of roads as he felt much more comfortable driving on them...

The turn around was quick. We have one rehearsal Monday evening, a quick recap on Tuesday prior to performance and BOOM.
We were on.
And I loved every moment of it.



I was born 27 miles west of Bemidji in  small town named Bagley. My parents were high school sweethearts there. Both sets of grandparents lived, farmed, raised families, created amazing memories, died and are buried in the area. I still have many relatives that live in the area. My mom is buried in the area...
Of course I would leap at this opportunity.

And of course...there is no place like being home for the holidays...
The memories just washed over me.
Of Christmases long past...
I had not been back for the Christmas season since my grandparents had still been alive and that was a long time...
And I am so grateful for this opportunity...

Sharing more soon!

No comments: