Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wow!! Here I go...leaping and hoping for a net!

Taking a leap is the scariest thing anyone can do. And you hang there suspended in mid-air and hope for a net to catch you and bring you safely to the ground. You ignore that "inner voice", that inner critic that says to you, "What the HELL are you thinking" and go straight for the precipe.
About 9 months ago, an idea was consumated and began to evolve. Teaching high school students theatre and speech after working in retail for 11 years. Crazy thought.
There were many hurdles I had to leap over to get to the end goal. Those hurdles were leapt over one by one and have flown by me at such a blurry speed. I almost did not recognize them as they flew by...taking test after test and the worry that goes with meeting such deadlines. Hoping that by the time i got to the end of the test taking schedule that there would indeed be a job for me in the area of the state I wanted to be in. Someone up above looked out for me and indeed a job presented itself for application.
Interviews, waiting, application money sent in hopes that the job would all come together. Oddly it did and here i am about to complete my first 9 weeks.
I am not normally a leaper. Or better yet...It has been a long time since I have leaped like this. Here I am...still waiting for the proverbial "ball to drop".
And these new shoes feel so so on my feet. They feel great towards some students and events and feel not so great towards other. I just have to keep reminding myelf that I am here for a reason and most of all...I am teaching a craft I absolutely adore and it is NOT RETAIL.
I have started this blog because I enjoy reading my friend's lives. I want my life to mean something. I want to be someone who can be thought of as making a difference, someone who lived life to the very marrow of the bone and never EVER said I "coulda, shoulda, woulda" done this if only because...I cannot be that type of person and not go crazy because of it...
I am thankful for so many things...
I am sad about so many things...
I miss so many people in my life, but am grateful for this amazing opportunity and wait with breathless abandon at standing on the edge of the precipe and feeling the wind rush past my face, taking my breath away, as I take that first step and leap out into a world that I have no limits...no boundaries...no hesitation...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lurrrrv you.
-Cathy Hirsch