Thursday, March 24, 2011

PASSPORT ARRIVED!!

I am on the tail end of Spring Break. The downward slide as they say. I have found myself thinking more and more about my summer adventures. I find myself breathless and filled with anticipation. The entire summer is filled with terrific opportunities for travel and experiencing the world. AND a slash off a point on my bucket list of things I want to do.

I look forward to the end of school. This year, because of snow days added, we will be finishing well into June. I am planning on leaving as soon as I possibly can to head north to North Dakota and Minnesota to spend time with my family and head down to Minneapolis to hang with dear friends for a bit.

I then plan on being back to Little Rock a day or so ahead of June 19th, the day my Dad, Pam, and I leave for our Parisian adventure. I was approached by a fellow teacher friend of mine back last fall to see if I was interested in chaperoning a trip to France and Spain next summer. Now some of you may remember that I have never been overseas and had decided to center that experience around a milestone in my life. I deciede that I wanted to turn 40 overseas in a foreign country. So the idea of doing it a year earlier??? Spectacular!!!! And the chance to experience it with family...PRICELESS!!! Thank you LIZ!!!

We will spend it with students utilizing the EF Touring company. There will be three days of guided tours in Paris with another extra day to freely experience this amazing city. We will then hop a train to Barcelona to spend a day and half of more tours and then on to Madrid for another day and a half of touring and then home. What I love about this is the chance to see the world through guided tours. Seeing it without that for the first time seemed a little daunting.

I will return to Little Rock for just a little while and then Justin and I will hit the road for a fun-filled trip to California. Justin has not been able to get back to see his family in over three years. I have friends that I have not seen in YEARS and we both decided that this was the summer to make this happen. So off to Vegas to see Brento, Fresno to meet the family for the first time, and down to LA to see Disneyland, one of Justin's dear friends, my dearest friend CAROLYN NAGEL and a new friend Justin, a past student of North Little Rock West.

THEN we come back and I plan on being back in Omaha the first wekeend of August for the 20th Mr Max contest. 20 YEAR!! I am blessed to be Mr 13...but where did the years go?

Are you tired yet? I am energized about all these possibilities and also feel so blessed to be able to have this opportinuty to have a summer free to be able ot do it!!

No comments: