Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pole Dancing for Christ???




One of my friends, Jen Curran, just posted this to my Facebook page and I found the whole concept extremely odd.

On last week's episode of Glee, one of the judges in the regional show choir contests was a nun, who happened to have a past as a pole dancer/ stripper. One of the most hysterical moments on this episode was when the woman, dressed as a nun, in full habit, stated, " I came to the convent to stay off of the pole." HYSTERICAL!!

Does this whole thing not seem like an oxymoron? I know for a fact that there are some pretty amazing Christian Music performers out there who have some up beat, toe tapping, "get you in the spirit" types of music that I could see lending themselves to the whole aerobic workout craze. But most certainly not the toe-tapping that requires 6 inch stilleto heels.

I am thinking, "That's just plain RAUNCHY", as I sit here typing in my short shorts, tube top, and highly over-teased hairdo...

Thank you Jen for bringing this alarming trend to light. Always the trend setter!!! :)

1 comment:

Robert Fellows said...

I don't mind pole dancing as a means of staying fit, but saying you're doing it in the name of Jesus bothers me a bit. Just my opinion.