Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cervantes and Don Quixote MADRID

















While we were in Madrid, we experienced a monument that was really wonderful to view. It was a tribute to Miguel de Cervantes, who wrote Don Quixote, which spawned the musical Man of La Mancha. Cervantes was a Spanish poet, novelist, and playwright and is credited for defining the Spanish language. It was believed that Cervantes and Shakespeare died on the same day.

Don Quixote's story is a tale of chivalry, of a search for adventures and glory, of camaraderie, of faith and at the very core...storytelling.

What a wonderful adventure!

This summer has been filled with wonderful experiences and sights. I have to pinch myself to help me feel alive and awake...did this really happen to me...a young boy who used to dream of these types of adventures. Did I really just complete a summer of adventures?? A trip north to visit family and back to leave the next day for Paris, Barcelona, and Madrid only to return to get prepared for a road trip westward to California and Vegas. Did that really all happen?

And the answer is most definitely YES and I know that God has more adventures in store for me. I am forever grateful...
















No comments: