Sunday, January 12, 2014

Ripping each other apart

With the recent events of 2013 and beginning a brand new year...some things never change.
Many look at the gay community as a catty, chatty, whiney, back-stabbing community where drama just follows. For many folks this is true.


Many gay people struggle with the godliness of others and leave the faith. "If one can turn their back on me, then I will turn my back on them and of God." is the thought process of many within our ranks. Some even think others within our community are struggling to model ourselves like our straight counterparts, getting married, adopting or having kids, and living the straight life...and yet, continuing the mocking, the  back-stabbing and rumor spreading.


It is a vicious debilitating attitude most have adopted and just don't see it...


This makes me sad.


Why wouldn't members of the gay community observe this within its ranks and choose to leave them behind when nothing but drama follows most? Who wants the drama in their lives? Why would someone continue to communicate with folks who stab and jab, in childlike fashion?


One of my friends posted this on Facebook this morning and it rang true...


"Pray. Meditate. Have faith. Know your truth. Respect others in pursuit of their truth." ~Royal D. Bush


I like this very much.


With all of the life changing we need to do...perhaps it is time to leave the childish ways behind and embrace each other for the beautiful light we each bring to the planet? And support each other and nurture each other to strive for greater things?


Perhaps it is time to find your own truth, whatever it may be, and follow our own star's path. AND be respectful of each other's journey. Support each other and have faith that this journey is exactly how it should be?


If we can't work and live together...


I am so proud of Royal and the amazing example he leads for us all in the gay community. He proves...You can be spiritual, be a Christian, worship and follow a living God, and be the hand of Christ...and be gay.


It is all in how you let it define you.
Being gay is only one aspect of who I am as a person.


I am a Christian.
I am a partner.
I am a son.
I am a brother.
I am a friend.
I am a educator.
I am an entertainer.
I am gay.
I am a mentor.
I am a cheerleader.
I am a believer in potential.


You see how this all lays out?? We have to forget our combative ways, let go of our childish tendencies, and embrace the new face of the gay community. It is one who can embrace God, can embrace Christianity and lead a Christ-like life, can embrace each other, support each other, and advance forward.


I truly believe this.


Thank you Royal, for bringing this to me today.


Keep on, my friend, doing what you do!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing how those words meant to you. I am a blessed man to have "grown" up in a community of so many great people; you being one of them. We are the authors and writers of our own life stories and journeys. Surrounding ourselves with people who help us be our highest or truest selves is important, and rewarding. Thank you for being such a bright light for so many people Brandon, and the many gifts you have that you share. Hug my friend.