Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I surrender all...or can you...

Yet another Oprah moment that speaks to me...
I have tried to hold onto things that were out of my control. I have placed my energy in areas where it really doesn't matter, creating unwanted stress when I could have just let it go. I have placed my hopes in many baskets and dreaming and yearning and wanting something specific to happen. What Oprah brings up is the time in her life when she did the same thing surrounding her much touted role in the movie The Color Purple.

Interesting thought process, huh?

  1. "All to Jesus I surrender;
    All to Him I freely give;
    I will ever love and trust Him,
    In His presence daily live.
    • Refrain:
      I surrender all,
      I surrender all;
      All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
      I surrender all."
    • I place too much focus on things that soon become out of my control. I just need to trust that He has a plan and that He will indeed follow through on the dreams I have set for myself. I have envisioned these goals for myself. I can see myself in this role, but I cannot control the lengthy process to get there. I remind myself that I understand as I understand the schedule underway. It is this very schedule which is out of my control,but it doesn't make the process easier or lighter on the heart.
    • Let me try to surrender all and just trust He will guide me through this uphill path.

No comments: