Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Exhaustion...

Sorry for the lapse in blog posts...
Has been an exhaustive last three weeks. Justin and I traveled to California for his brother Dillon's wedding...It was a WONDERFUL trip filled with good food, great adventures, family filled, which was awesome, and the chance to see folks we have not seen in a long time!!!

There is a beauty to being able to pick up right where you left off... whether it is only a few months or in some instances, sadly when you can't even remember the last time you were together...and yet the friendship is one of those where you pick up right where you left off...the laughter continues...the hugs are stronger...that energy is as it always was...that is some true beauty there folks!!

I had been preparing myself for the fact that the month of October, schedule-wise, was going to be insane...but had not prepared myself for the blur I feel now being in the thick of it all. EVERY weekend this month has something scheduled in it...predominantly school related. I knew it was coming, but I guess you cannot prepare yourself fully for it once you are "in it to win it."

I will tell you that life gets pretty burdensome on this end when there is a lack of sleep and you are going on pure adrenaline and Starbucks. When you are passing yourself coming...that is an issue and the fuse becomes shorter and shorter...its in these moments that I have to REMIND MYSELF...SLOW down and BREATHE...and I can tell you that right about now this is very VERY difficult for me to do so.

Any thoughts would be helpful...How does one slow yourself down to pace yourself when the schedule gets to be too much? With speech tournaments that were successes for our squad...just not the proper schedule and lack of sleep...to return to immediately step into tech week mode for a show that opens in the next week...only to turn around and the next weekend head back to tournament...I know we all have the schedule...but seriously...who sets these schedules up anyhow????

oh yeah...that would be me...DOH

Well...carry on then, fellow travelers...and in the words of Steel Magnolias ,"That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger."

No comments: