Saturday, September 27, 2014

"Art isn't easy"

"In my experience, it is not the act of making art that is painful. It is the desire to make something and not acting on it that causes pain" Julia Cameron, author of The Artist's Way.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot tell you how many projects I have in my head going on right now...

Ideas for books I want to write...
Ideas for cabaret shows I want to create...
Shows I would love to direct...
Shows I would love to be a part of...
Paintings I want to create...if I had the experience and talent and education...
I have thought about taking a pottery class...so I can have my Ghost moment...

And it all takes time...

Notice the common bond behind each one of these ideas and comments?

It's all in the dot dot dot 
and its those dot dot dots that cause all the pain and frustration.

SO I guess what I need to do is take it one step at a time and remove the dot dot dots and make them a PERIOD, more final. More "in the works" if you will.


I am reminded of Sondheim's Sunday in the Park with George where his character says, 
"Bit by bit / Putting it together
Piece by piece / Only way to make a work of art
Every moment makes a contribution
Every little detail plays a part
Having just a vision's no solution
Everything depends on execution."

And that's what I will leave you with today friends...do with this as you may...

No comments: