Thursday, September 4, 2014

I no longer have patience...

10523743_749583895087473_3626388552889869106_n
“I no longer have patience for certain things, not because I’ve become arrogant, but simply because I reached a point in my life where I do not want to waste more time with what displeases me or hurts me. I have no patience for cynicism, excessive criticism and demands of any nature. I lost the will to please those who do not like me, to love those who do not love me and to smile at those who do not want to smile at me. I no longer spend a single minute on those who lie or want to manipulate. I decided not to coexist anymore with pretense, hypocrisy, dishonesty and cheap praise. I do not tolerate selective erudition nor academic arrogance. I do not adjust either to popular gossiping. I hate conflict and comparisons. I believe in a world of opposites and that’s why I avoid people with rigid and inflexible personalities. In friendship I dislike the lack of loyalty and betrayal. I do not get along with those who do not know how to give a compliment or a word of encouragement. Exaggerations bore me and I have difficulty accepting those who do not like animals. And on top of everything I have no patience for anyone who does not deserve my patience.” - Meryl Streep

I love me some Meryl Streep. She pretty much can say or do anything she wants to because of the creativity and awesome talent she contains in just her pinky finger. I think I would go silent if I was in her presence and would not know what to say. I am in awe of her work. I am in awe of her as a person and her words ring true. I am intrigued by what she has to say. Does this arrive at a certain age in life? I am always intrigued by this moment when someone just doesn't give a damn and speaks their mind.

So many of us waste our time trying so hard to please, to coexist with people who clearly do not respect you, love you, or cannot live their lives with modicum of respect or love for their fellow man. They are in it for themselves, they are backstabbers, they manipulate those around him to better themselves. I do not have the respect, the willpower, nor the strength to put up with this mode of behavior.

I will strive to be a better person
A better partner.
A better son.
A better brother.
A better friend.

I will strive to be more loyal.
I will strive to be more bendable and open to trying new adventures.
I will not tolerate negativity. I will surround myself with positivity.
I will leap today and try to place my hope in the net following close behind.


No comments: