Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Intriguing definition of God

I like what this says, too...
Speaks to my very core...
God is a song. God is a song in the other room that we want to get to...
I can most definitely buy into these analogies. God is a presence, he is a unexplainable force that helps you give form and meaning to some portions of your life, even if you do not see it when you are in the trenches. How many times have I reached out and He was not there yet I could feel His hand in the mix. Too numerous to count.
There were moments when I didn't feel Him there and I tried and tried to make sense of it...on the flip side of things I can see now WHY I had to go through that struggle or work my way through that situation to get to the end of the course and say, "AH, that's why."
So many friends and family members going through life's struggles right now. Whether it is spending the final days with a loved one, or battling cancer, or the reappearance of cancer, or relationship struggles, I have to believe that God is always with us. Leading us through, if only we would reach out. God is in the emails. God is in the prayers of thousands. God is listening...
I find Him in those moments when I calm my head and my heart and just spend some quiet time reflecting and meditating.
But I have to remind myself to do that...and THAT is what is not always so easy.

No comments: