Monday, October 27, 2014

If Oprah walked into the room

If Oprah walked into the room, I probably would fangirl,..as the kiddos say these days...others would say, I would be speechless and so in awe...she would always make my "If you could invite 5 people to a dinner party" list. I have loved this woman for YEARS.
Yes there are times where what she says and what she does can sometimes be too much, however, she is a true force of nature and supports the idea of living your life as it was meant to be lived...with vibrancy, with lightness of being, with a focus and force and fortitude. And I can buy into that so much...
Here is a loverly video from Youtube from her "The Life You Want Weekend Tour"...


Give it a looksee and then get back to this blog...

Highlights:
1. Forget following your passion...follow your curiosity!!!
2. Make the choice NOW to do something for the next 21 days for a daily spiritual enlightening...and then reward to yourself.
3. Take it easy on yourself and just focus on the ONE of your list...don't stress on 3 or 5 or 8

I do like this very much.
I like that she encourages us to stop, breathe, relax, and to focus on the Now. On what we can handle and to remind ourselves not to get so overwhelmed with the crazy rat race.
I began the school year with a bunch of brand new students...I was going too fast that one of my foreign exchange students reminded my that I needed to Slow Down so she could understand what I was saying...I giggled to myself...but sure did leave myself a note on my lecturn to "Slow down and Breathe" as a reminder.

"Slow down and Breathe" sweet friends...why rush your way through life?

No comments: