Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Birthdays and the passing of time

So yesterday was my 43rd birthday.

I just spent the good length of two hours responding to all of the Facebook wishes and am absolutely overwhelmed and humbled by all of the kindness shared with me on my day. It is so cool when friends take even just a little time out of their schedules to wish me a happy day.

I am finding myself this year, moreso than others, more reflective, more inward than I have been in the past. I am finding that I am on the cusp of many exciting adventures. I am getting married in a few weeks to an amazing man, who puts up with my baggage, puts up with my antics, and is still here after 6 years. I love this man with all my heart and am so excited to be beginning our next journey together in the next few weeks.

The kind words shared from friends, family, and my students has been so moving. I got texts from students, messages of love and thanks from students near and far, family love, and friends I am so grateful that Facebook keeps us connect through. It was an awesome day and am so grateful for it all.

Thankful to be able to continue this journey on this earth and to be able to share it with so many awesome people in my life.

No comments: