Monday, June 1, 2015

Exhaustion...but in a good way

Its been a good wrap-up to the school year. It is always sad to say goodbye to the seniors. This year has been a year filled with accomplishments, both big and little. A year filled with mind-boggling schedule and struggle. It has been a year filled with cheers and tears.
So many students have touched my life and have said or done so many sweet things to say goodbye. I always wrap up my year in reflection and in hopes that I have cheered loud enough for my students, have said something inspirational enough that can get that one student to think more positively about themselves, or have created my classroom as a safe haven for those lost souls who are struggling to find themselves and figure out who they are.
This year there were sweet letters of goodbye and support from students.
Wonderful gifts with sweet memories tied to them.
Seeing those students deck their mortar boards and graduation gowns and walk across that stage and on to the hopes and dreams for a brighter future. I am just so dang honored to have been a small part of that adventure.
Each year, right as school ends, I experience exhaustion. It is debilitating and I find that I become reclusive and inward. A chance to recoup and regain my energy and spark.


The following video is a wrap-up to our Forensics tournament year. Student created, student driven, and could not be prouder of this fine group of students. Love all of  these kids and just know that each one of them will go far and accomplish many many MANY great things!!!

No comments: