Sunday, June 7, 2015

What is your calling?

Over the past few years, I have struggled with this question.

"What is your calling? What are you destined to do?"

 There is not a "be all end all" answer as I believe our calling can be more than one thing. What I am finding is that creative souls drain themselves of their creative juices and lose sight of their end goal. Some may not even have an end goal in sight or may have become so overwhelmed with just living that they have not even thought about it. Spinning their wheels, if you will. You can also be good at so many things, and still feel unfulfilled. Or lose sight of a dream or goal.

So many times we also listen to that inner critic, that little voice inside our heads, that says we cannot do something, or we are incapable of being good at something so we refuse to attempt it. Some even rely on those around us, who become that inner/outer critic who try to talk you away from these goals and that is an entirely different struggle.

Many of you have voiced a lack of drive, a lack of vision and I found a wonderful young woman on Youtube who has some terrific, things to say about finding your calling. Her name is Tara Sophia Mohr. Give it a listen and then lets touch base.


The seven steps she mentions are the following:

1. A vision of what could be
2. A pain or frustration with what is happening in our lives
3. I feel like I am supposed to do this.
4. We feel a resonance and flow while working through it.
5. We resist our calling
6. We don't have everything we need to achieve our calling
7. You are not yet who you need to be.

Holy buckets this rings true to me on SO MANY LEVELS. Especially number six. As many of you know, I have been working through a struggle to find my calling and trying to figure this all out in the past two years. It has been a huge struggle. But that is also the cool thing, for if everything was given to you just because you deem it necessary, achieving everything without one modicum of struggle, what good is it? For in the end, nothing is achieved, no goal reached, no calling attained, without some struggle to become that new being. A new You.

A little Higdemism: Remember, this is your life to live. You must find happiness. You must find your truth. Why would you live your life in a "shoulda, coulda, woulda" situation and not live your life to its absolute fullest, with utter happiness the end goal. Love fully. Live fully. And find bliss.

I continue to journal. I continue to listen in the silence to try and figure my way through this life and will find ndn achieve that true calling some day. I just know it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My calling is being an agent of change and making a difference, Scott Miller