Monday, January 4, 2016

Former Resolution Reminders...

From 2014:
"I love being horribly straight-forward. I love sending reckless text messages (because how reckless can a form of digitized communication be?) and telling people you love them and telling people they are absolutely magical humans and I cannot believe they really exist.
I love saying, "Kiss me harder" and "You're a good person" and "You brighten my day."
I live my life as straight-forward as possible.
Because one day, I might get hit by a bus.
Maybe its weird.
Maybe its scary.
Maybe it seems downright impossible to just be.
To just let people know you want them, need them, feel like, in this very moment, you will die if you do not see them, hold them, touch them in some way whether its your feet on their thighs on the couch or your tongue in their mouths or your heart in they hands.
But there is nothing more beautiful than being desperate.
And there is nothing more risky than pretending not to care.
We are young and we are human and we are beautiful and we are not in control as we think we are.
We never know the magic that can arise between ourselves and other humans.
We never know when the bus is coming."
~Rachel C. Lewis
from "Tell the People You Love That You Love Them"

These words dig deep.
These words ring true to my heart at this very moment.
Living life as FULLY and being open to each and every moment.
Just BE fully present and open to each new experience.
Beautiful written.
Powerful words.
Raw thoughts.
Loved this so much.

From 2013:
 I found the following verses on a website I enjoy. I think that these will be my resolutions for next year:


A sweet, dear friend posted this on Facebook today and I absolutely love this...I think this shall be a resolution as well. It is from the book of Colossians and has really struck a chord with me...

"So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It’s your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."
This became Justin's and my wedding Bible Verse for our wedding ceremony last summer...I think it is important and valuable and a true compass on how to live our lives...

There is a value in looking back and seeing what you have accomplished and set out to accomplish. There is value in setting reasonable, attainable goals for the future and not placing too much craziness and strength on something you don't acheive....you just keep it in your sights, try not to get too hard on yourself...and keep moving forward...

Journey on friends...2016 waits with adventures beyond your imagination...Let's be ready for whatever it throws our way...

No comments: