Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Something about buffalo...

They are magnificent and grand.
And they are all over the Theodore Roosevelt National Park. They just walk right down the pavement and off on the side. It was breathtaking to see them just roaming free...and to see so many of them.
There are many symbolic meanings surrounding the Buffalo.
They represent: 
Provision
Gratitude
Abundance
Consistency
Strength
Blessing
Prosperity

And the more I look at that list...the more, at various times in my life, I know that this represents my parents. I am so grateful for their gift of life, for leading me in the proper directions, for nurturing me, for taking care of me and making sure I had everything I would need, for guiding me in faith, for showing me I am strong enough, and for giving my the foresight to "Go it Alone" but to be grateful for the journey.

I have so many shining examples of this in so many of each of you in my life and on my journey.
I am grateful for it all.


I also felt like we needed a little levity from the moment...So here are a few selfies taken at the Buffalo Sculpture on the Heritage Center grounds on the Capitol Grounds in Bismarck. I took my husband to see the Heritage Center back for my twentieth high school reunion and we took a couple of goofy photos here at this sculpture...so I snapped a few more to send to him and the friends who were with us that day many years ago...It made all of us giggle.His name is Buffy. And we have joked in the past that that I have left my now husband for someone bigger, someone brawnier, and someone beefier.
And we have a good laugh...
Commence about your day, sweet friends...
Make it a great one!


No comments: