Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Joy of Christmas cards...


I love Christmas cards...both giving and receiving...

No matter how hectic the schedule gets, no matter how late they get into the mail, I enjoy putting together the annual correspondence from my home. My buddies always raz me that they wonder when the annual Higdem Form Letter is going to go out. Yeah Yeah Yeah...


I enjoy reading about everyone's adventures from the previous year. Seeing the growth of nieces and nephews, cousins, and children. I am always amazed at how many wonderful experiences my friends from high school have undertaken, how creative friends and family can be with their holiday mailings, and how poetic some of my friends can be.


Every once in awhile, I get a card that strikes me to a deeper core...whether it is a saying or a photo. This year, I received a wonderful card from a friend who lives in Omaha, who has always been a strong nurturing soul, with an amazing spirit. The minute you meet Scott Focht, you can just feel the kindest aura surround him. His laughter and wit are infectious. His card this year spoke of light and I wanted to share it with all of you:


"Indeed there are Masters among you.

Scattered amongst the continents to shine

their lights as brightly as possible, simply

by being themselves, living mostly

'ordinary' lives.


Until, with enough of us walking the earth,

at the deepest psychological levels, a

tipping point will be reached so that all

others will be raised ever higher into the

light, simply for being in their midst as if

though osmosis."


~The Universe


Scott goes on to say this:

"Earlier this year, a friend sent me this quote, inviting me to contemplate how I show up in the world.

With all that is going on today...

Am I choosing love over fear?

Am I grateful for my life's blessings?

Am I creating a world that works for all?

Am I letting my light shine?

Whether it is the holiday season, the approaching winter, and/or an upcoming birthday, I find myself ever mindful of my life's journey, the choices I make, and the profound gratitude for sharing some part of the road with you."


Thank you Scott for sharing this year such a thoughtful moment for me. I appreciate you sooooo much, am so grateful for our friendship, and feel so blessed to have shared this life's journey with you if even for moments.


This life and future of our world is in scary terms. War looms. Evil Lurks. But will I choose to be the light or succumb to the darkness?

I always try to approach life with a lightness of being, but find that it is so easy to get bogged down with all the darkness of the road's journey and all it requires. Can I be mindful this upcoming year not to get so bogged down and grow in the light? I hope so...

Perhaps this is my true resolution...


How do you "show up in the world"?



No comments: