Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's resolutions...

I was chatting with a student's parent today and was reminded of the fact that, so many times, I make New Year's resolutions that I do not always keep. Perhaps it is that they are unrealistic? Perhaps they are unachievable and I get bored? Perhaps it is a fact that I pick things like "Healthier Me" and join a gym, get caught up in some sort of schedule, and then let it go?

I have always admired Mary Anne Radmacher's work. I enjoy reading and experiencing her poetry and have always loved the one I posted above. It comes in so many forms, ranging from 8X11 framed works to refrigerator magnets. What she writes speaks to me on so many levels, very deeply, yet they all seem like something that can be achievable. Each one of these is totally attainable and if only we could all live with such abandon and stride confidently to the edge of the abyss and trust in whatever power you believe in and leap, knowing that a net will always follow you, supporting you every step of the way.

May the New Year bring you great things. Play with hopeless abandon and live as if this is all there is.

No comments: