Sunday, August 26, 2012

What the heck is happening with today's...

What the heck is happening with today's TV? Perhaps it is Summer TV that sucks or perhaps it is the nature of today's "Real TV" society? I am not sure...

So one night Justin and I are flipping through the channels, trying to find something to watch for the evening. We come across a show called "Strange Sex" and are intrigued not by the title (get your heads out of the gutters) but because of one of the life stories they were presenting.

This poor guy lives out in Vegas and woke up one early morning with a sharp pain in his scrotum. It quickly subsided and he went back to sleep. He woke up the next morning and his testicle had swolen to like the size of a lime. It continued to swell and swell and swell. He went into the doctor and the prognosis was not good. There would be no way to operate on this as he would probably bleed out. He was doomed to live with this for the rest of his life.

Today's lifestyle for this man is now having to take a sweatshirt and put his legs into the arm holes, safety pin the neck shut, and walks down the street in makeshift Hammer pants. His testicle has exploded to the size of larger than three watermelons and will continue to grow to the weight of 300 pounds by 2014.

HOLY HECK I just wanted to curl up in the fetal position and rock back and forth!! My heart went out to him as he did not ask for this pain and occurrence. And then I thought...

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY???!!!????

and what follows this wail is usually...

IS THIS ON TV and WHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

am I watching this train wreck of a show??

And then, while watching, a preview for the up and coming series "Here comes Honey BOo BOO" come on the TV, I honestly can say...Ok, we got  problem. How is it that all trainwreck TV is what pulls people in.

Summer TV you disgust me... And yet I watch...and shake my head...and think...perhaps I need to go get some Hagen Daz...Rum Raisin makes everything more manageable.

No comments: