Sunday, March 30, 2014

When all else fails...

I am sure that God is speaking to me and telling me in the loudest way possible, "Simmah Down Nah"
In his own time...


I was in church this morning and the sermon topic rang true once again...The preacher basically said that all of our own struggles are self-created and that are a product of wishing for "what we want" versus praying for "what we need".

We create the struggles in life by praying and aiming for what we want out of life and experience the impatience, the turmoil, the angst over these types of prayers...perhaps speaking true to my own heart?? I hear you loud and clear, KEEMOSAWBEE!!!!


Perhaps I should truthfully be praying for something more along the lines of what I need.


I need patience.
I need to trust that if God needs me to be somewhere, He will most definitely line up everything to put me in that very space, at the right and appropriate time.


But this is so hard at times when your hopes and dreams are a part of the mix. the life you envision for yourself, the goals you have set for your life's path, and doors slightly ajar with hints of light flowing into the dark hallway to entice you...it is rough and a difficult thing to remain true to the path and the patience to trust that He has everything in line for you...



No comments: