Friday, December 29, 2017

The new bucket list...

The new year's resolutions are about to be set.
I went back to take a look at the ole bucket list previously posted on this here blog.
I found it so interesting to see what I had accomplished so far...But I am thinking I need to readjust this and have wanted to add so many more aspects/events/parts to this list..so much more I want to do, so much more I need to experience, so much more I need to push myself to do...

So this is the list from the past:

1. Travel to Paris. DONE
2. Travel to London
3. Skydiving
4. Take an Alaskan Cruise and see the whales
5. See the musical Jersey Boys
6. Play the role of Archibald Craven in The Secret Garden
7. Play the role of Harold Hill in The Music Man
8. Play the role of Sweeney Todd in Sweeney Todd
9. Travel to Rome DONE
10. Sing with an orchestra DONE
11. Record a CD for sale
12. Write a book. Maybe publish? IN PROCESS
13. Have a child.
14. Build my own home and be able to design it the way I would like it...a dream home, if you will.
15. See the fall colors of New England
16. Rock climb
17. Parasail in the Carribean
18. Be remembered for being a good man.
19. Grow Muscles. BAH HA HA HA HA
20. Play the role of Emcee in Cabaret DONE

So here is what I think I would add...
Let see, what would be on that list...

1. Travel to London
2. Skydiving
3. Take an Alaskan Cruise and see the whales
4. See the musical Jersey Boys, Waitress, and Dear Evan Hansen
5. Play the role of Archibald Craven in The Secret Garden
6. Play the role of Harold Hill in The Music Man
7. Play the role of Sweeney Todd in Sweeney Todd
Note: What is difficult to see are these three roles and to recognize that my passion to play these roles has diminished. Zaza and La Cage has still what I affectionately say..."it has ruined me. Everything pales to that one moment singing "I Am What I Am" at the end of Act One, ripping that wig off, and storming out...everything else pales and I know I will never have that moment back in my life again..."

8. Record a CD for sale...possibly in the works?
9. Write a book. Maybe publish?...possibly in the works?
10. Have a child.
Note: the older I get and the scarier the world becomes the more I find that my students become my kiddos and no matter how good of a father I know Justin and I would be...not sure I want to bring a life into this world with it being so crazy and all...perhaps adoption would be an option...but for now...just hanging on for the ride with my husband

11. Build my own home and be able to design it the way I would like it...a dream home, if you will.
12. See the fall colors of New England
13. Rock climb
14. Parasail in the Carribean
15. Deep sea dive and snorkel a coral reef.
16. Take Justin to NYC and share it with him.
Note: I have not been back since I moved away and I know that that has to change and I have to get myself back and go to the World Trade Center site and visit the museum and take it all in and regroup...just has not been in the cards...

17. Share Italy with Justin.
18. Spend Christmas in different parts of the world...Hawaii, Norway, London, Rome
19. Build Mom's Santa collection
20. Take Justin skiing.
21. Visit the Grand Canyon.
22. Experience Canada.
22. Have a suit made especially for me.
23. To own my own production company/ theater and work in theater full time.
23. Be remembered for being a good man.
24. Keep trying to make an impact on the world in whatever way, shape, or form possible.


So far so good.
I think it is important to keep your goals ahead of you and to keep adventures in focus. Some may be realistic, others not so much. But hey, its okay to dream right??

Carry on my fellow sojourners.
Carry on.


No comments: