Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A glance back and looking forward...


I am a sucker for the holidays. I love the feeling of nostalgia, of reconnecting with childhood memories and with friends and family both past and present. I love the food, the laughter, the tradition of it all.
This year's Christmas felt quieter, felt perfect, and was a time filled with good memories. I have mentioned in previous posts that it definitely felt different this year, like I was just not ready for it all, nor was I willing to welcome it all in. I cannot say that it did not continue to feel that way. What I did was just be honest and truthful about my current feelings and just allowed it to feel different and to be open to all the the possibilities as they would present themselves. And you know what? It was okay. It was good. It was fun. It was filled with memorable moments. And for that I am grateful.

And so now we are on the day that we turn the thoughts towards the new year and to resolutions. I have said in the past that I think resolutions are ridiculous for me as I set them and very rarely do I remember or even attempt to achieve them. I have been guilty of setting resolutions that were unrealistic for me to win. And seriously why do we do that to ourselves?

Perhaps we should be kinder to ourselves this New Years and set goals that we know we can achieve.
So I am going to try this new thought this year. I am going to set resolutions that are kinder to my heart and to my  head.

So here goes:
1. I spent a great deal of time last year asking/ praying for patience and guidance. I think this is a honorable gesture and goal. Sure things did not go the way I had planned and the bitterness is still very raw...but I look back and am proud of myself that I was able to wait and watch and pray for guidance through the storm. And I think I emerged on the other side a stronger person.
2. While going through this journey, I found that my prayers were stronger and more frequent and I think this is a good thing. I feel more in line with my goals. I feel more connected to my heart. And I  feel that prayer was what lead me through this...So 2015 will find more prayer and more meditation and more spiritual connection.
3. I will take what I learned and experienced from 2014 in regards to life and use it to look forward in 2015. Hurdles were jumped. A few stumbles were experience...but each had some hard examples I had to learn from each of them. But I think it also prepares me for what is ahead and for that I am grateful. I am excited for 2015.
4. 2015 will be an adventure for Justin and I. Wedding plans are set for June 27th and with that comes the stress, the pressure, the joy, and all the trimmings that go with the event. I am excited for this new journey that I get to share with the man I love and adore. It is a lot of preparing and a lot of expectations. But it will surely be a weekend filled with family and friends, with love and vows, and the beginning of a new adventure together. I look forward to this with great anticipation.

Whatever 2015 brings, I pray that it brings with it health, and love, and laughter, and adventures. I want it to be filled with learning experiences and hopefully one that has moments that take my breath away. 

Much love to you all, fellow sojourners. Wishing each of you a very HAPPY 2015 and may it be filled with great blessings and adventures and filled with lots of love.

No comments: