Sunday, December 7, 2014

Too soon for Christmas???

I need Christmas to come a little early this year. I feel the need for the joy the season brings, the lightness, the jolly attitude. The "getting caught up in the beauty of the spirit." The joy. The peace. The merriment. The time for family to get together, create memories and new traditions.

I guess you could say I need a JOLLY ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT.
HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

One of the things that always puts me in the best mood is by hauling out the Christmas music and movies. My favorites. You know the ones...the ones you drag out and watch every year, much like a holiday tradition.

One of my most favorite movies of all time is The Family Stone. I love love love this movie so much. It is the story of a family as they head into the holiday season, a family who is diverse and loving and bickering and intense. One character meets this family for the first time during the immense pressure of the holiday season. One character is coming of age. One character and his partner are yearning for an adoption to come through. One character is in the final stages of cancer and struggling with how her family will persevere. While at times the movie is a little far-fetched, I still adore it and it still brings tears to my eyes.

Its a movie that every family can relate to. Every family has its struggles. Their own traditions. Their own special moments.This year, more than ever, this movies rings so true to me. My mom and a dear friend are in cancer mode. This year, more than ever, I pray for healing, for lightness of being, for a healing light in their soul.

I also watched for the first time "White Christmas". WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG??? As some of my friends would say, "What the heck, Higdem? You are not being a good gay for not watching this movie." I hang my head in shame much the way I did when I finally admitted that I had not seen Mommie Dearest. HA! HA! HA!

I love the feeling the holidays provide. I love the jovial atmosphere... There are things on my heart and in my head that I cannot reveal as to why I am there right now...but know that this season lightens the load just a little bit. And if a little holiday spirit and jovialness can bring about a little lightness of being in my heart, than I say GOD BLESS IT and BRING IT ON!!!!!

So we will HAUL OUT THE HOLLY and PUT UP THE BRIGHTEST STRING OF LIGHTS I've EVER SEEN!!!

Thank you, Auntie Mame.

No comments: