Thursday, April 6, 2017

AND THE BELLS GO OFF!!!

Oh.
MY.
GOODNESS.

This speaks volumes to me on so many levels...
It's a little long video...but definitely worth a watch..
but I find it so empowering and so many bells went off like CRAZY hearing her message...

Deeply connect to others on a personal level...
Have a strong intuition that guides me through my life....
OVER-ANALYZE everything....UH...YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
Overwhelmed by the world around us...
Experience the world more vividly than others...
Have a strong empathetic nature and strongly feel what others feel...

All of these spoke so truthfully to my soul...
I have always felt like this is such a negative...or it always had an undertone of negativity as I looked at it?
but perhaps that is one of the callings ahead for me...

Perhaps I need to focus on rewriting the cultural narrative that sensitivity is a weakness...
I do agree that EVERYONE should have a right and not feel ridiculed for expressing their softer side...

I even felt like I was an oddity for feeling like this at times...
Yet, I find it truthful to my heart...
I am a sensitive man.
I cry quite a bit.
I am emotional.
If you can't handle my tears...that is not my problem...it is yours.

I love that I can see the world on a deeper level...
but what I have to figure out is how to navigate my way through life so that I don't take on everyone's feelings and I definitely do that at times...
I do not have to always provide suggestions....and can just listen...which is also a problem...there are times when I feel like I need to provide suggestions on how to handle life's problems....ahhhhhh the life of a teacher...
I need to remind myself that I should not feel like I need to be the rescuer...
And I should not feel a need to be rescued.

Be unashamedly yourself...
Don't feel weird...
Or FEEL WEIRD...but EMBRACE the WEIRDNESS!!!!!
It's what makes you YOU!!!!!

No comments: