Sunday, April 23, 2017

Face your fears

The beauty of this saying is that it reminds me of that old motto: 

"If something scaring the piss out of you, you have to try it at least once." 

Dang I love that one so much!

And you know what?
Important note:
It does NOT show weakness recognizing that you are struggling and reaching out to find help... that shows that you are in tune with what you are needing at that moment, what you might be experiencing and getting the assistance you need.
That is NOT a weakness...
Why therapy has such a stigma I will never be able to understand.
Some of my hardest moments have been made maneuverable, more manageable with a little therapy to help me sort through it all.
It is NOT a weakness!

Listen
We all have fears.
We all have struggles.
We all have hurdles we have to force ourselves to go through in order to grow.
Because the minute you reach a hurdle and decide that you cannot go over it, sit down, and quit...that's just it...
You STOP.
Stop moving forward.
Stop growing.
Stop becoming a fuller YOU, whatever you decide that actually is in your own definition.


And it takes guts to say, "I am gonna do this. I believe in ME and I am going to figure my way through this..." 
Because I HAVE TO.
To be a better ME.

And just because it is hard...a more difficult path...should not be a run away point. You should push that chest out...get yourself into that powerful mindset,  and keep reminding yourself that you are strong enough to face this...Breathe your way through it and push forward...


For the betterment of YOU.
For the sanity of YOU.
For the growth of YOU.

No comments: