Tuesday, May 14, 2019

A performance...and my life's mantra


I was asked to perform for a fundraiser event last weekend to raise money for a cause and theater I hold near and dear to my heart. The evening was created to raise money for their summer theater camp, their continuing adult theater class education, and for the ability to bring children into the theater during the school year, to see their current production, have a Q&A with the cast, and have lunch provided. They raised $17,000 for continuing education in the arts and I could not be more proud to have been asked to perform!

The evening was amazing and wonderful to be able to reconnect with a role from a show that meant the world to me and to so many others. It was so terrific to be able to spend time with folks who have become family and to share an evening with so much talent and passion for a craft we all partake in.

What moved me even more was the chance to revisit a song that has defined my life since I left the role. I had forgotten a little about the depth these lyrics truly have...a MANTRA for living your life, no matter what your sexuality, religion, life path, or truth.
You have ONE LIFE.
NO RETURN.
NO DEPOSIT.
SO it is time to open up your closet and get out there and accept who you are, who others are, and grow from there. Accept others for who they are and live life to your fullest potential!
It has rejuvenated my course. Enlivened my passion to work hard tearing down the walls of ignorance and show that LOVE and LIVING TRUTHFULLY is all that matters.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love you and your voice!!

Unknown said...

wonderful...so good to hear you sing your life! you always move me

Aunt Sally said...

I love who you AM and you sing pretty good too!