Sunday, May 19, 2019

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck

Friends...
Mark Manson is my spirit animal...He wrote this amazingly empowering book called "The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*CK." And it is everything...he covers so many life lessons to be learned...but beware...the language is not for the faint of heart...but perhaps that's the point he is trying to make?
The ability to say what needs to be said, without filter, and drive it home.
I wish I could be more like him but I was raised with a filter under the guise of "MORALS" or upbringing... Perhaps it was under the rose colored glasses of Christianity. Perhaps it is my passive aggressiveness...
Perhaps it is something else...not sure. Too many reasons...

Yet I look at my life and all I see is this damn filter.
What if we could live life without a filter?

I am constantly trying to remind myself of everything I tell my kiddos to do...
Don't live your life in a shoulda, coulda, woulda situation. Don't live your life reserved and inside the parameters of what someone else expects of you.
Splash some color on it and get out there and don't give a flippin' care about what others think.
Living MY life as I dream...
Live life to its fullest potential.

And yet...

The older I get, the more I find solace in the same schedule.
The same comfort food.
The same music.
The same.
The same.
The SAME.
And there is great solace in that. It gets harder and harder to step outside that comfort zone and I quickly become hypocritical on so many levels.
And I have to remind myself...
NO.

Live the good life.
Fight the good fight.
And take the bumps and bruises with a grain of salt and look for the reasons to grow.
Growth is hard.
Growth is scary.
Growth is what we HAVE TO DO in order to remain creative, remain true, remain breathless.
Find the positive in every negative situation, because it is always there
Feel the goosebumps.
Do the things that take your breath away
And live the life you are destined to live.
With every challenge.
With every crazy situation.
And with great amounts of color on that canvas!

No comments: