Monday, August 15, 2016

An Experiment in Gratitude...

Ok I LOVE LOVE LOVE this concept...


"The amount of happiness in your life is directly correlated to how much gratitude you show."

 What a cool thought process. Beautiful really when you take a moment to think about it.

Today was my first day at my new school. I had such an awesome day. I love first days. You get the chance to start a brand new school year just taking a moment to regroup and set new goals and new adventures begin with a new group of kiddos.

Every year I take a moment to share my life with them. We always have a little fun and I make them try and answer true and false questions about me. I then share a PowerPoint about my life and what makes me tick. I have a broad range of photos and stories I share...but one of the best things I get to share is stories of my mentors, the folks who shaped me into who I am today and my gratitude to them. I speak of Mrs. Simek, my second grade teacher, who truly helped to cultivate my first experiences with theater. My sixth grade teacher, Mrs. Evanson, who continues to inspire me even today but long time ago cultivated an appreciation in one's self worth and believing in your own abilities and creativity.

I know if I were to do this activity shared in the above video...I would really have a tough time picking from the many many MANY amazing people who have impacted my life...

Because I knew you, my friends, I have been changed for good.- Wicked

No comments: