Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Love will stand when all else falls

Whenever life throws me curves... Whenever I get down and out...
It always comes back to the power of music in my life that moves me back onto the track I need to be on...
It always has and I am so grateful for the musical nudges that speak to me in my soul and heart. I am so grateful for this gift and am always grateful for the redirection.

My last blog post was so dark and moody and forlorn...but all of the folks who reached out really helped me to redirect my thoughts and focus on my heart and soul and helping to get me through this life...Thank you for helping me through this my friends and family...I am so forever grateful

I feel like there has been a redirect in my course...I think God places these moments in our lives just to have a little jarring... a little shake up...a much needed redirect...

I have recently been sharing one of my most favorite musicals with my Forensics kiddos. It is the Broadway musical MEMPHIS and if you have not seen it...you MUST!!! It is so powerful and scary and beautiful and poetic and hard to watch at times...but yet it is semi-autobiographical of a time period that we should never ever want to go back to...but the beauty that came out of that time period is so important as well...we can never forget.

It speaks of the Music of my Soul. YES! I love this so much...
The Music of my Soul...and that music is vast and deep and powerful and resonating... I am so grateful for the music that speaks to my soul...

There is a moving hymn that is shared in its performance that rocks my foundation...
"Feel His Love, feel His power,

Move a mountain, Change the world!
For I can't be weak much longer!

Oh Lord, Lord, Lord make me stronger."

There is another that at its core says, 
"Change never comes easy"

But it is the following number that always brings me to tears and speaks so very deeply to my soul these days and I wanted to share it with you...


"I will see you though. I'll be there for you.
We will endure what our life has in store...
Have faith and believe, like the air that you breathe...
Love will stand when all else falls."

Thank you for the redirect...

Listen to the beat and hear what's in your soul... 
You'll never let anyone steal your Rock n Roll!!!

No comments: