Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Something so easy to forget...



I happened across a wonderful book a while ago and have been reading it off and on.  I find myself not able to be an avid reader...My mind gets going and I find other things I should, could or would be doing...I saw many folks picking this book  for a read  and thought why not? I plan on trying to reconnect to it this Spring Break, slowing down enough to breathe and relax and enjoy quiet...
 and see what golden nuggets I can glean from it's pages.


It is a book entitled Present over Perfect: Leaving Behind  Frantic for a Simpler, more Sulful Way of Living"  by Shauna Niequist

Life is definitely a juggle. We push and push and push ourselves. We put on too many hats. We get caught up in the crap ton amounts of awfulness on network news and long for a way to redefine our lives...a simpler way to simplify the schedule. I am SO GUILTY of this and I constantly have to remind myself to take a breath. And those around me are the first ones to suffer, but so am I!!! I owe it to myself to make SURE I am kinder to myself. Kinder to my heart. Kinder to my head and stop the spin. Put my energy towards the greater good of myself and those around me.

What spoke to me was one of the author quotes on the back cover that encouraged me to pick up the book. It stated, "Shauna's words- equal parts elegant and urgent- invited me to remember that my worthiness, belonging, and beloved-ness are birthrights. I can't think of a more important, more desperately needed invitation" said Glennon Doyle Melton, author of Carry On, Warrior and Love Warrior.

First book sample that screamed at me:


I know RIGHT??? Core shaking
Unflashy...unspectacular...and sometimes tired...and reminding your heart that that is an okay place 
to be...
This book is wonderful if you are struggling...
Struggling with the hectic rat race of life...
Struggling with the draining monotony of everyday life...
A reminder to just stand still for a moment, breathe, and remind yourself to just be present...connected...trust...relax...stop the spin of the mind and let the race continue around you 
and you just breathe...

Just breathe...

Just breathe...

And it will all work itself out for the greater good.

I will be sure to share more posts to come from this awesome book.

No comments: