Thursday, June 15, 2017

As beautifully as we can...


Today this resonates with me...
I agree with this whole-heartedly. 
I love the word "bravely".

I have seen so much bravery exemplified in my life.

My mother was the epitome of the word.
Facing the cancer head on and doing it all with a smile on her face.
There are so many women facing this evil disease with the same stream-lined focus...
all around us.
And we must be willing to take on the role of CHEERLEADER and CARE-GIVER and RISK-TAKER and NURTURER and MODEL to others.
It is IMPORTANT that we do that for them, for the rest of the family, no matter what the emotional roller coaster you may be feeling during the process.
But she not only exemplified this in the last few years, but through her entire life...to make choices that may not have been the most popular. To demand a change in her life and to face the uncertainty of that decision. 
To understand the phrase "Leap, and the net will follow".

But there are two other gentlemen who exemplify bravery to me as well.

My dad is one of the bravest men I know.
To have lived through war. To have fought when the outcome was not so sure.  
To have followed dreams no matter where they led.
To provide guidance where and when it was needed.
To have such a strong belief system to be willing to make such a spiritual life change in the prime of life when others are sitting back and enjoying the fruits of their labors in retirement.
I am so grateful for the example he has set not only for me but to our entire family.
He leads with love in his heart and never shows the struggle.

My step-dad is also one of the bravest men I know.
We have only been together a short time, but during that time, I have seen so much bravery in his demeanor and actions with regards to the unknown. 
Not knowing what the next day would bring with regards to Mom and her struggle.
Trusting that together they made the correct decisions.
Supporting her day in, day out and doing what must be done to ensure that her treatment continued without hiccups.
Holding her when the going got tough.
Loving her through the struggles and hurdles life threw at them.
I could not have asked for a better knight in shining armor to take on such a challenge.
I tell him all the time and will continue to do so for the rest of our lives, but the gratitude I feel for all he did for my Mom is immeasurable. 
Such a boundless love. 

Bravery comes in all shapes and forms.
These three are prime examples of lives WELL LIVED and lives lived FULLY and BEAUTIFULLY.
None of them would boast of this...for they face each day humbly and with gratitude for the life they have been given. But what a gift and an amazing example they have given.

It seems appropriate that Father's Day is this Sunday. Just a little post to say THANK YOU. To two amazing men in my life who have made such a strong impact through their guidance and love.

I am grateful for the examples they have given me and our families.

We can all aspire to be as much...
I know I will live my life with all of this in mind

Battle on, my fellow sojourners...
With bravery on your heart and in your mind.
Live your lives to the absolute fullest brim.
Beautifully.
Fully.
Fill every moment with love and hugs.

As bravely as possible.


No comments: