Sunday, June 25, 2017

You gotta do this for YOU.


How we forget this sometimes.
There is only one life to be lived.
No definition provided on how it should be lived.

I always remind my kiddos of this...
If someone is trying to define your life...it's not theirs. 
Thank them for the feedback.
Thank them for their concern.
But remind them...
This is something I have to live. Something I must honor. and then live that life as passionately as you possibly can.
With strength.
With drive and focus.
With great intention.

The shoulda, coulda, wouldas should never show their faces at the end of the race we call life...
LIVE FULLY and BEAUTIFULLY.

Live for YOU and for YOU alone first and foremost.
Once you have mastered a semblance of that, welcome others into the fold.
Open the door to the possibilities and pursue love.

I see this and am always reminded of the saying RUPAUL says at the end of each Drag Race episode...

She says, 
"If you can't love yourself, how the HELL you gonna love anybody else."


Can I get an AMEN up in here?

No comments: