Wednesday, February 21, 2018

A little daily gratitude...

It is so easy to get overwhelmed.
It is so easy to get drug down into craziness and fast paced and blurry.
It is important to stop. Regroup. Refocus. And make a little mind shift...
Lord knows...
I need to spend a little time focusing on some gratitude for the day.

1. I am so thankful for comfy sweaters. You know the ones...the ones that wrap you up in soft comfort...the ones that the minute you touch your soft sleeves...those long over-sized sleeves that go over your hands a bit...it just brings you around...puts a smile on your face and you can relax and find a bit calm.

2. I love the opportunity to just get a good cup of mocha, to redirect my thoughts and to just people watch. It is always so much fun to sit back and just watch people. How the interact with each other, how they smile, some of their mannerisms, clothing choices...sometimes I will just sit back with my headphones on, my favorite tunes running and jamming and rocking...and just observe those around me...kinda turns into a little movie track...Of course, I try not to be creepy about it...come on...YOU KNOW ME BETTER. But thank God for ALL sorts of people.

3. Thankful for all stages of life. Of course you spend most of your life thinking, when I grow up, when I get that promotion, when I get this done...and we miss out...I am thankful for the energy and drive of youth...the push to succeed and accomplish and do and learn...sometimes the hard way...to GROW...and EVOLVE...and CREATE. And to BLOOM where you are planted...and continue to GROW and LEARN...DO we ever stop learning and growing?

4. I feel great gratitude for a night out. A chance to shake up the schedule and just reconnect. Good food. Finding a new hideaway where they mix wonderful drinks. A chance to look across the candlelight at your loved one and just be grateful for the conversation, the honest connection, and the love.

5. I am grateful for all the colors we take for granted... The color of the sunset. The color of green grasses and pine trees. The color of the ocean. The colors of Christmas. The color of art hanging on the bright white wall for all to see. The color of friendships and family and of joy.

6. So grateful to be HERE. In THIS moment. With this life. With this heart.

7. Thankful for the smile of a friend. Thankful for the smile that can brighten up any room and change any mood.

Promise me that you will be that smile for someone today?
I am gonna try my best today too, friend.

No comments: