Thursday, February 8, 2018

Finding what or who inspires you...


Image result for who inspires you

So many people in my life inspire me so very much. This is a chance to call them out...

I am so inspired by my parents. I have blogged so much about my mom over these past few years...I don't really blog about my dad as much as I should. In the last few years, he made an impressive shift in his work life. He retired from working at the VA hospital, retired from military service, and shifted to beginning his journey towards becoming a Methodist pastor. To watch him evolve and grow and develop and nurture and succeed and share his faith with others around him is truly inspiring. I know that it takes a special kind of soul to serve in this capacity and to do it well. My dad has always been this kind soul, approachable, strong listener, and a VERY strong shoulder to lean on.
I am so very grateful for his guidance, for his ability to navigate through life, experience and yearning for the next adventure.

I am inspired every day by my husband.
To have the ability to put up with me as calmly as he does is quite impressive. HA HA HA!
Have you met me?
But he also has navigated through one 40 hour( sometimes more ) work week, and has driven himself to succeed by pushing himself to complete his Bachelor's degree in Accounting. He is so so so close and has done this with minimal complaining.
I love that about him.
I have grown to love and appreciate him even more as he helped me navigate my way through death, and I wish I could say that I was there to help him when death knocked at our door once again. He has always been so calm and collected and a pillar of strength for me.
What a difficult odd journey each of us takes when death visits!!
And it truly is different for each of us.

I am inspired by so many folks...

I am inspired by my cousin, Sherri, who is a fount of sheer love and support and sweet courage. She is forever a cheerleader and driven to succeed and create a life for herself that at times could appear out of the ordinary in regards to her family. She charts her own course and is the driver of her own journey. I have always appreciated that of her.

I am inspired and grateful to my godmother, Deb and her husband Paul. When Mom passed, they both stepped in and were there to offer the support. There were so many who did this...SUPER Grateful for this...And the more I look back over my life, Deb and Paul have always been there. Serving as a second set of parents...I could not have asked for a better godmother. Strong in spirit, strong in inspiration, strong in faith, strong in laughter and love. So grateful for the strong example they lead for all of us.

Grateful and inspired by so many friends...
To Emily...Such a strong passion for the arts, for life, has always had a strong mind for business and performing. Fought breast cancer and stands tall. Her creativity and depth of soul is awe inspiring to me.

To Brent...Worked hard to follow his dreams, setting goals for himself to become more, leaving performing to pursue a doctorate, all while living in Las Vegas. His spirit is always bubbling over and he is such an amazing listener.

To Patti...your creative spirit, your immense talent, your never-ending friendship and bottomless ability to brighten a room. Your heart is HUGE. Your friendship is glorious and completely dedicated. Always remember that no matter what life throws at you, whatever hurdle it may be, you are always there when folks need you and that you are appreciated. You are STRONG. You are GLORIOUS! You are BEAUTIFUL and GRACE incorporated.

To Erin...stepping outside the box to follow her passion for fashion and organizing one's life. She is always a source of humor and personality and embraces the importance of family and sharing and laughter. (and she always tries to get me to look at her girls...ha ha ha ha...and no.)

And Kim
And CK
And Jeremy.
And Ryan.
And Steve.
And John.
And Jason.

My goodness...I could go on and on and on. I am such a lucky man to have so many positive people in my life who support and nurture and bring me such joy.

I am inspired by the NLR theater friends I have made along the way...Terri for her honesty, her drive, her focus and strong organizational focus and shoulder. Always dedicated to the better good.  For her ability to rock her way through adverse situations. To navigate her through her own cancer as well as her husbands with grace was a huge example in my mind and heart. For Klucher who never ceases to amaze me with his creativity, his evolution of design and HUGE heart. I am in awe and so grateful for his strong shoulder and his ability to listen and help and be there when needed the most. For Christen and her bubbly spirit and energy. No matter how much is on the plate, she brings energy and spirit to whatever she undertakes. For Shelle...your spirit, your creativity, the vast amount of knowledge you bring to the table is something I have always looked up to. I am grateful to you for your ability to listen, to help, to navigate with great positive feelings. Your ability to reach students and focus on their strengths and allow them to grow from there is nothing short of greatness. To Hannah, I am grateful for your friendship, your big heart, your strong shoulder, and for your vast knowledge of technology. I appreciate the energy you bring to every event, moment, and interaction...whether it is by students or co-workers.

Jonathan Howle...a member of my Actor's Studio cohort who is such a super sweet soul...we lost touch after I moved away from NYC, but I have stayed in touch by watching him navigate through posts on Facebook. He has grown and grown, teaching and nurturing so many around him, and is moving forward getting his doctorate and he continues to be such a source of inspiration for all who encounter his sweet spirit.
SO many of my cohort continue to be such inspiration to me...Rhea, Naveen, Cooper, A'ndrea,, Kari, Richard, Sean, Sara, David, Achilles, Brian...living their fullest, truest selves...bringing their voice to the arts across this country...and I continue to be in awe of all they have and continue to accomplish.

On a broader scale...so many celebrities in our society have brought us their truth...

Oprah continues encouraging us to dig deeper and find out better selves...tuning in to what makes us whole, what makes us spiritual.

Ellen...by being such an inspirational example on how to live our lives. I was just watching her 60th birthday special of her talk show and she closed it by speaking about her life's journey, embracing her truth, living honestly, not only with yourself, but also with those around us, and encouraging us to "be kind to one another" and this very statement could not be more important these days in America.

I am currently inspired by interviews I have seen with the Obamas. If you have not had the chance to watch David Letterman's interview with our former President, or Ellen's current interview with our former First Lady, these are must watches. One of the things they have each said, and I agree with, is that a portion of the United States live in FEAR of what the other half cheers, which just goes to show the division present in our country. And there are NO signs that this is going to be fixed in our current situation. Not even in the discussion.

And folks can say, "Oh 45 is doing so well. 45 is a unifier of the country. He is a man of God." Heck he even attempts to tout his own praises and ridiculousness just comes out of his own mouth. 
Yet actions speak louder than words and his actions are despicable. 
And folks are buying it.
Hook, line, and sinker.
And it is disgusting.

Yet, when faced with such division, with so much hatred, with so much animosity and ridicule, and in the face of all that 45 has reversed, the Obamas continue take the high ground. 
When you are faced with all the trials and tribulations of the presidency and government, and can emerge still married (their only marriage), have raised two wonderful daughters, and remain encouraged about our nation's future, encouraging each of us to focus on the good,or to even be the good...
THIS SPEAKS VOLUMES TO ME.

Enough inspiration for today.
Love each of you.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

My friend
Go out there and find what and who inspires you for today.
For tomorrow.
For your future.
Thank them for their contribution to your life.
And to others.
With great immense gratitude.

I am so grateful for the inspiration each of you bring to my life and am so grateful for each of you!

No comments: