Wednesday, February 7, 2018

The inner music....

Every since I can remember, I have always had a piece of music that became my theme song, my mantra, the undercurrent of my current mindset in my life's course...and it has fluctuated depending on where I was in my life...

When I was the angsty young adult growing up and searching for Prince Charming, struggling with coming out and all that process entails, meeting lots of potentials and slowly experiencing them as duds or not good matches, not meeting expectations that were too huge, of my own doing, or falling in love with the wrong guy...falling in love with the right guy at the wrong time...and not ever truly finding what I needed...and for some reason my heart-song molded itself to the song, "On My Own" from the musical Les Miserables. 

"I love him but everyday I'm learning. 
All my life, I've only been pretending. 
Without me, his world will go on turning. 
A world that's full of happiness that I have never known." 

Holy crapballs, that reads so melodramatic...and yet so much truth... but then it definitely was those high school/college years.

Jump Ahead...
I moved onward to New York City and needing to find my inner strength to persevere, to survive, to navigate my way  through the fear and electricity of living in the city and through the craziness...and the tune playing over and over in my head was "Let It Sing" from the musical Violet.

"Two kinds of people in this world. 
Some say YES and some say NO. 
Time to say which side you're on....
Eeeny Meeny Miney Moe. 
Say YES and your adventures starts, 
not always as expected. 
Say NO you stay apart...but you stay protected."

And now jump ahead and I have found another anthem. And it is powerful. And it is perfect. From the current movie, "The Greatest Showman" it is an amazingly inspiring song that speaks to the level of where I am at. I am not going to shy away from not being me. I am going to continue living my truth, being who I am meant to be and doing what I am meant to do.

"When the sharpest words wanna cut me down. 
I am gonna send a flood, gonna drown them out. 
I am BRAVE. 
I am BRUISED. 
 I am who I am meant to be. 
THIS IS ME. 
Look out cause here I come, and I am marching to the beat I drum. 
I'm not scared to be seen. 
I make no apologies, 
THIS IS ME."

This is a video that showcases the first work-shopping moments of this amazing song and you can just hear the passion, the drive, the importance of this song and its lyrics. You can feel the tears just begin to fall as everyone feels the power of this creative moment...
It always brings tears to my eyes. 
I feel empowered. 
I feel important. 
I feel driven to do more, be more, and not apologize for my life and for who I am.


Cue the tears...
And go SEE THIS MOVIE!!!!

It is important to find your voice, find the tune of your life, find the music of your soul...
AND LIVE IT OUT FULLY AND BEAUTIFULLY!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The bravest act any man or woman can perform is to step into the abyss of who we are, both known and unknown, embracing both the light and the dark.